Tuesday 23 October 2012

Weekly Photoshop assignment - Tree!

They come in all shapes and sizes and believe it or not also have their own proportions and sizes much like humans do. All week i've been staring at trees wondering what my final piece should look like, how hard can it be, trees are trees right?
I first gathered research and deigns of what sort of sign i would like to do. I realised after that the brief was trees with character, the moodboard here is showing tree as character..mostly.

I liked the idea of a giant woodland creature, friendly of course. Got a few ideas here but like i said i realised trees with character are not allowed. 
Going back i first i tried out going to bare basics of drawing a pine tree (Simple trees because they go straight up and have a pattern in branches) then fleshed it out with some leafs and finally beefed it out a bit more.

Here are a few silhouette, exploring different shapes and sizes, dead trees and tropical trees. I liked the design of most of these so i decided to work on some of my favour designs more and try different colours.

 After i did these, i felt a little stumped. 
I was quite happy with the final design, i liked the actual tree and the spirally roots and branches. I feel i might have ruined the final outcome by adding the little white house, at the time it was to add more character and fantasy. I think i could of also worked more on the background/foreground, added more to give it depth and a better overall picture. 





No comments:

Post a Comment