Thursday 13 December 2012

Weekly assignment - Sci-Fi Spacecraft!

 
Moodboard, many different designs here that i really liked. some sort of one man fighter is something i'm going to base my ship around.

Didn't manage to get work in progress of my ship design a long the way.
Either way here is a back view of my ship, several thrusters on back for flying.

 Here was my first ship design in maya, really wish i spent more time rounding it off and not making it look so square. It was closest to my initial sketches so i kept it how it was.
Here you can see that i set up exactly where i wanted my ship in the scene and the background planets. 

Here you can see properly the ship design, i was going for the 80-90s type look on the ship (well maybe not intentionally) 

 

I made my own planets and space background using Photoshop (various tricks and tools a load me to do this, lasso tool, stroke tool, blur and glow) I was semi-pleased with the final outcome, wish i spent more time on the actual ship design and the colour scheme, the colour job was a little bit lazy but that's because i felt like i spent way too much time on the background when it really wasn't needed to be honest.




No comments:

Post a Comment